#101: Beauty from Pain with Stacey Thacker
Stacey is a wife and proud girl mom who began blogging after choosing to be open-handed with her story - one that includes a child with a chronic illness and a husband who is still recovering from a life-threatening cardiac event. Self-described as "a believer and writer who loves God’s Word and connecting with women," Stacey has written several books and hundreds of blog posts to encourage other weary moms with the message that God never wastes our pain; He is always working for our good.
What we chat about:
- What lead Stacey to stop hiding behind the "veil of fine" and start being transparent
- Finding hope by letting go of control
- How living in the moment helps prepare us for a marathon of struggles
- The importance of allowing ourselves the time and space to heal
- Speaking honestly with our children about life-altering events
- Changing the "why me?" perspective
- Blessing others by sharing your story while still in progress
Fresh Out of Amazing: Opening Your Heart to God's Unexpected Invitation
Hope for the Weary Mom: Let God Meet You in the Mess
Lark Rise to Candleford
Struck: One Christian's Reflections on Encountering Death
Where to find Stacey:
Episode Sponsor: Love Justly
Love Justly makes buying ethical fashion affordable. When you purchase anything from Love Justly (e.g. handmade jewelry, a clutch purse, a handcrafted shirt, or a dress), you're not only buying something you'll love, but you're also helping to provide hope, dignified employment, and a better life for artisans around the world.
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!***