#108: Small Things with Melanie Shankle
Melanie Shankle is a public speaker and the author of three New York Times bestselling books - Sparkly Green Earrings, The Antelope in the Living Room, and Nobody’s Cuter Than You. Her new book, Church of the Small Things, released on October 3, 2017. Formerly a pharmaceutical sales rep, Melanie started The Big Mama Blog in July 2006 and is the co-host of The Big Boo Cast with fellow author Sophie Hudson.
What we chat about:
- Dealing with the perception of having one child
- Finding contentment in small moments
- Being consistent with who we are in front of our kids and with our outside lives
- How spreading ourselves too thin affects our family
- Navigating the emotions of a teenage daughter
- Trusting your teen
- Thoughts on when to give your child a cell phone
- The basics of football - clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose
Where to find Melanie:
Episode Sponsor: Preluvi // Code: MSW
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!***