#109 Slowing Down with Nichole Nordeman
Nichole Nordeman is a recording artist and songwriter with numerous #1 and top 10 singles to her credit and cumulative album sales of over one million. A two-time Gospel Music Association winner for Female Vocalist Of The Year, she has won a total of nine Dove Awards. Nichole is also a single mother who recently publish the book Slow Down that encourages moms to celebrate the every day moments of motherhood.
What we chat about:
- How Nichole tackles being an extreme introvert who lives in the spotlight
- The story behind her song "Slow Down" and its very personal music video
- Coping with life when you find yourself somewhere you never planned on being
- The perception of working moms vs. stay at home moms
- The shame of divorce, especially within the church
- The importance of connecting with women in different phases of their journey
- Struggling to let go of people pleasing
- How restoration often doesn't look the way we think it should
- Becoming comfortable with not having all the answers
- Tips on how to make awkward conversations with your teens less intimidating
- Equating exhaustion with being a good parent and self care
Where to find Nichole:
Episode Sponsor: Anchored Press & Daily Harvest
Anchored Press is a Christian planner that keeps you focused on God as you organize your day.
It's got everything you need for your time with God, keeping track of which meals your kids actually will eat and what's happening in your schedule this week. Try them out if you haven't already. You'll love your planner!
Daily Harvest is on a mission to make fresh, organic ingredients in innovative forms accessible and convenient to everyone in America.
By tapping into a new kind of frozen technology, they're able to offer customers what they like to think is an invaluable ‘life hack’ ready in 30 seconds, saving you time, stress and money - and it’s all without having to feel like you are trading anything out.
Get 3 items FREE when you use the promo code MSW!
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!***