#130: When You Don't Fit the Mold with Jessica Kastner
Jessica Kastner is a journalist and author who serves as CT Coordinator for Straight Ahead Ministries, a non-profit working to see Jesus Christ transform the lives of juvenile offenders. She's also a single boy mom who has chosen to share her difficulty fitting the motherhood mold and everyday struggles.
What we chat about:
- Owning the things about motherhood that make you happy
- The importance of pretend play and what to do when you hate it
- The guilt that can come with being a working mom
- Dealing with a teen that lacks motivation
- How Jessica has seen her honesty help other women
- Unrealistic expectations for Christian mothers
- Walking the line between honesty and complaining
- Misconceptions about single mothers
- Avoiding comparison by embracing what makes you unique
Connect with Jessica:
Support the show:
Share the Struggle!
Find me on Instagram or Facebook because I want to hear YOUR thoughts on this episode! If you've been encouraged by the show, please share it with another mom. The struggle is real. We might as well do this together!
***Some links above take you to Amazon. When you click through, anything you purchase there will help offset the costs associated with producing the show. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps me out. Everybody wins! Thank you for your support!